Motion Sensing System Engineer - Sensor Integration and Coexistence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The motion sensing team is looking for a motivated engineer to integrate MEMS sensors into Apple products. You should be familiar with MEMS transducer technologies. You will collaborate with electrical, mechanical and software architects to ensure optimal sensor operation in products. You will apply modeling, simulation and measurement to solve system integration and coexistence challenges.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in hardware engineering.
- Experience in design, characterization, and validation of sensing systems.
- Fundamental knowledge and hands on experience in Electrical Engineering encompassing RF & Microwave engineering.
- Proficient in modeling, data collection, data analysis, and statistical analysis tools (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB, Mathematica).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel are required.
Core Responsibilities: Diagnose engineering issues with true scientific method driving to definitive root cause. Create models (analytical, empirical, and FEA) to improve sensor placement in-system. Identify, create, and document new sensing system metrics that deliver performance and matter to customer perception. Develop measurement methods and equipment that are repeatable, reproducible, and automated as appropriate to enable thorough validation coverage of sensors on tight development schedules. Support engineering build activities with performance validation measurements, yield optimization, and failure analysis coordination. Travel to supplier facilities and manufacturing sites for production validation and issues resolution. Create and help improve engineering requirements specifications for sensors. Prepare and deliver presentations to clearly communicate technical status, risks and mitigation strategies for ongoing sensing system programs.
Education & Experience
Requires PhD degree in engineering plus 2 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor/MS degree in engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.