Manager, Technical Device Management, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Marcom Technical Device Managers work within the Technical Production Services group and support video production and photography projects. They are responsible for the devices being filmed for marketing and training purposes. They support our producers and creatives and provide product expertise during our productions. They know anything and everything about our Apple devices and larger ecosystem of services. They ensure released and unreleased products remain true to function. They also work with creatives to prototype, load and screen capture content on devices. Some of this content is used in launch videos, Keynotes, guided tours, digital signage, and advertisements. As a Manager of our Technical Device Management group, you will use your broad range of hands-on experience to lead and mentor a highly technical and multidisciplinary group of Technical Device Managers. You’ll work in a fast-paced, and highly dynamic environment that demands agility, quality, and innovation. You are technical and an expert when it comes to Apples products and ecosystem. You have several years of experience managing in a creative environment where quality and precision is paramount, and you set the bar high for yourself and your team. You understand the importance of customer service and instill that philosophy in others. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing exceptional support for the team.
- A minimum of 7 years experience collaborating with creative teams in an agency, film or broadcast environment.
- 2-4 years management experience with increasing responsibility
- You have expertise with Apple hardware and software products.
- The ability to quickly grasp, distill, and synthesize concepts and details into clear projects and achievements.
- Strong analytical and demonstrated problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to identify trends, develop strategies, and implement solutions.
- You're a natural collaborator and negotiator with exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership abilities and able to motivate a multidisciplinary team.
- You are a quick learner and an excellent listener who can advocate effectively for innovative ways of working.
- You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and execute on a tactical level.
- Good judgment and able to ensure your team abides by all Apple and Marcom procedure and policies.
- Comfortable with and willing to travel abroad.
Manage and develop an innovative, productive and results-oriented Technical Device Management team. Develop a thriving team culture that upholds Apple’s values and maintains a world class level of service and accountability. - Lead our Technical Device Managers by demonstrating a deep understanding of the team and of the work. - Conduct regular 1:1’s, annual performance reviews and support projects as needed - Build and maintain a team of highly competent TDMs, who provide exceptional services to our internal clients. - Track all projects, remove road blocks and create contingency plans. - Enthusiastically create programs and processes that help the team evolve and provide better service. Find areas where we can innovate, create plans to execute on that vision. - Collaborate with NPS, PM, Brand & Engineering to ensure we are working in lockstep. - Assign projects to TDMs and communicate regularly with Producers. - Set high standards and ensure those standards are met. - Provide oversight to all TDM projects. - Get regular feedback from our internal clients and make necessary changes. - Implement security measures and procedures to protect our IP. - Willingness to go above and beyond.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree