SoC Physical Design Engineer, Electrical Analysis
Austin, Texas, United States
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for the electrical analysis and verification of an SoC.
- Strong knowledge of analysis flows and methodology
- Knowledge of all aspects of ASIC physical design including floorplanning, clock and power distribution
- Familiarity with package modeling techniques for chip level power analysis
- Scripting skills to debug flow related issues and make enhancements as appropriate
- Experience in industry standard tools used for analysis such as Apache Redhawk, Voltagestorm, ETS, PT-SI, etc.
- Past experience of signoff on successful chip tapeouts
- Circuit design background and hspice experience a plus
As a member of the physical design team, you would be responsible for: • Performing various electrical analyses at the chip level, including but not limited to, Static/Dynamic IR, EM, Noise and Signal EM • Interface with the CAD/technology teams for flow bring up and validation • Working with the implementation team during the entire chip design cycle to drive signoff closure for tapeout • Managing schedules and supporting cross-functional engineering effort
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.