Touch Systems Architect
Austin, Texas, United States
The Sensor Technology team develops Sensor solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Sensor Technology team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in sensing system hardware engineering.
- Experience in architecture, design analysis, characterization, and validation of sensing systems.
- Fundamental multi-disciplinary understanding of EE and Physics principles.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling complex cross-disciplinary systems.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages is a plus.
- Experience with COMSOL, Maxwell, or similar FEA tools is a plus.
- Exposure to algorithms development / signal processing as applied to sensor systems is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
You will be developing and maintaining comprehensive, cross-functional sensor system models and detailed module architecture specifications. You will be expected to drive feature definition, block-level simulation, and specifications authorship of sensor modules. Work cross-functionally to co-develop sensor system model and requirements, advanced algorithms to ensure module performance. Analyze engineering and production data sets in order to reconcile system models. Business travel as necessary to support product development
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics plus 3 years of relevant industry experience.