Electrical Validation Engineer - Camera Hardware
San Diego, California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges.
- 4+ years relevant experience
- Good EE fundamentals and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Hands on with Python/MATLAB to automate instruments and data collection/analysis.
- With high speed interface (e.g MIPI, LVDS, CxP) and power supply (Linear & switching) validation/characterization experience.
- Experience using all types of electrical test equipments.
- Capable of leading different projects in parallel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Investigating and proposing electrical solutions for camera modules & sub-system. Join in early stage product scoping, technology development and board/sub-system bring up. Collaborate with design engineer to define validation plan and create test cases for full product validation with emphasis at the electrical level. Assist design engineer for problem solving and design optimization. Board level electrical validation and performance characterization. Conduct data analysis and document results.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent.
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor and camera module
- Knowledge of camera module integration preferred