Change Manager, Miami
Miami, Florida, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products—they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team is, in many ways, the face of Apple to our customers. As part of the regional Business Process Re-engineering team (BPR), and broader WW BPR group, the regional change manager will focus on the people side of change, including business processes, systems and technologies impacting the teams. Working closely with the global change team, you will support the creation and a delivery of change strategies, and plans to help teams in region maximise their adoption of new solutions by honing methods of effective and sustained behaviour change. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to play a key role in implementing fast and effective change across global teams in Apple Sales. This role will require fluent Spanish/ English language skills.
- Fluent Spanish/ English is a requirement of this role.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing change management principles, methodologies and tools.
- Strong understanding of how people journey through change, as well as the change process.
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts.
- Proven experience of project management approaches, tools and phases of a project life-cycle
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work in ambiguous situations, highly matrix environments, and support other cross program work-streams, as vital.
- Organised, with a natural inclination for both strategic and tactical planning and turn strategy into tangible deliverables.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills, to audiences of varying seniority.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level and deep-dive, as needed, into operational / tactical detail.
- Lead by example and support, encourage and develop team members.
- High level of integrity, energy and sense of urgency to make things happen.
- Ability to establish and maintain trust, credibility and build strong relationships.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere.
- Expertise leading cross-functional workshops to drive consensus.
- Experience in managing internal, vendor, and consultant resources.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently while maintaining attention to detail
- Willing to take action and enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Collaborating closely with the WW BPR team and local BPR leadership; - You will assess change impacts in region, by conducting impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key partners in region. - You'll apply change management processes and tools to build a strategy to support the adoption and changes required by projects and initiatives to be deployed in region. - You'll support the definition, provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training and communication programs in region, including localisation considerations. - Complete change management assessments. - Identify, mitigate and manage anticipated resistance, issues, and risks, proactively. - Build measurable deliverables for the five change management levers; communication plan,, partner/sponsor roadmap, mentor plan, training plan, resistance management plan. - Support and engage regional senior leaders and other key partners / groups. - Partner with regional leadership to develop and build a change network for key initiatives including the creation & maintenance of change champion groups in the business. - Facilitate sessions with that local change network to support adoption. - Consult and mentor projects teams and team leads on change processes. - Integrate change management activities into project and program plans, according to regional and global strategy. - Partner with vendor resources to localise communication and training materials as well as deliver local training, where required.
Education & Experience