AppleCare Hardware Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, we don’t just craft products - we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! AppleCare is Apple’s premier Service and Support organization providing award-winning technical support and product service to our global customer base. In this role you will manage the business and technical aspects of iOS product line for AppleCare. A successful program manager is a natural leader and facilitator; is driven, organized and detail oriented; excels in program management; communicates with ease; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; and manages through relationships and influence.
- 5 -10 years of industry work experience as a project/program manager in one or more of the following areas: New Products, Supply Chain Management (Service/Operations), Customer Support, Development or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Excellent critical thinking and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with internal partners to understand requirements and identify design and engineering impacts.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Hands-on, proactive and self-motivated with strong initiative and a desire to succeed in a challenging environment.
- Ability to build positive relationships throughout the organization
- Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Experience developing and presenting compelling business cases and implementing solutions to improve quality and cost.
Responsible for ensuring that product is ready to be serviced and supported at launch; provide meaningful feedback and field data to various teams for ongoing product improvement; utilize analytical skills, business acumen and supply chain knowledge to recommend strategies based on effective cost/benefit analysis that improve quality and customer satisfaction. Manage the field warranty return prediction process by collaborating with analysis team, engineering team and operations, evaluating product feature enhancements. Oversee Design for Serviceability, ensuring the product design meets AppleCare requirements; partners and leverages opportunities with engineering and operations.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering is required. MBA is preferred