Manager, Marcom Packaging Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications! At Apple, the customer experience extends beyond the product itself. Every aspect of product interaction plays a crucial role in creating this joyful experience, and the very first one that is often encountered is Packaging. Apple packaging is the first time that many people contemplate and experience delight in the unboxing experience. There is a universal joy in unboxing Apple products, and that experience is designed and created by a premier team that is continually pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology. We are looking for an incredible Production Design Manager who will supervise the Production Design team. The Production Designer is the liaison at the intersection of the Creative Design and Production Studio teams, ensuring the original design intent, established by approved creative, is maintained thoughtfully and consistently throughout the implementation and mechanical production processes. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing a team of Packaging Designers who provide production mechanical building expertise combined with a great sense of design and consistency. This hybrid role (production and design) provides a critical link between the creative and the mechanical phases across all projects (Retail, Channel, Packaging, Corporate ID, Events et al.) You love Apple and love people and are a positive and driven leader who strives to learn from and inspire others. You are focused and motivated and have strong analytical, project management, and presentation skills. The day-to-day expectations in this role vary, so a can-do achiever who can work in the gray while paving roads for their team is critical! This role reports to the Senior Manager of Production Design and should be able to build a partnership with senior Marcom stakeholders, Creative Designers, Packaging Engineering, among other partners.
- Have the technical and design skills to move the team forward.
- Excellent listening skills, ability to collaborate and align with all internal and external partners with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong organization and creative problem-solving skills.
- Confident in leading innovation on new ways of working (3D visualization etc.)
- Positive attitude and coach to the team with the ability to guide them, summarize issues and set priorities and further establish team camaraderie.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, color management, pre-press, in-depth printing processes and solving on-press issues.
- Knowledge of materials, inks, adhesives, and print decoration and finishing techniques.
- Computer skills/software: Proficient in Mac applications, database management systems.
Provides direction and oversight, leadership, and professional development to a team of experienced Marcom Production Designers - Packaging Leads by example commit to excellence and doing things “right the first time.” Influence and gain alignment from other leaders, peers, partners. Support Marcom Production Designers - Packaging in critical meetings and coach them to deliver the best packaging solution to meet Creative/Packaging requirements meet our timing and cost objectives. Prioritize the work to meet business requirements and develop procedures for efficient workflow with the team. Supports Tools development and applications.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree and industry-relevant production experience
- BS/BA degree required, packaging and print background preferred.
- 12+ years relevant experience in consumer electronic or consumer goods, packaging and labeling, including management experience.
- We offer health benefits and paid vacation.