Technical Writer / Information Developer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you ready to do your life’s best work? Are you deeply accountable for your results? Your passion for developing documentation and track record of timely delivery will prove critical to your success on our team. Claris's Information Development team is seeking a Technical Writer/Information Developer who is eager to work in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- 5 years in a technical writing or information developer role
- Solid understanding of Git (at minimum, source control)
- Good knowledge of HTML authoring
- Participation in Agile scrums and sprints
You will join a small, tight-knit documentation group that works closely in multi-functional teams to develop product documentation. You will write for a variety of users, ranging from app users to administrators to "low code" developers. You'll also contribute heavily to the UI, authoring strings and messages and working with the user experience team. You must have experience working through the documentation life cycle, from start to release. Responsibilities include: - Hands-on learning of your assigned products. - Authoring work you're doing such as Help, guides, and release notes - Writing UI strings, messages, and emails to users - Scheduling and driving documentation reviews to ensure completeness and accuracy. - Delivering documentation to meet project achievements, including localization.
Education & Experience
A BA or BS in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Computer Science, or the equivalent is required.
- - Experience with wikis and Jira strongly preferred
- - Experience with MadCap Flare preferred
- - Basic knowledge of REST APIs is a plus
- - Knowledge of AWS or other cloud technologies is a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.