Inclusion & Diversity Director, Global Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe the people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Across Apple, we’ve strengthened our long-standing commitment to making our company more inclusive and the world more just. Where every great idea can be heard. And everybody belongs. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This is a unique opportunity to lead Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) supporting the Retail (Store, RCC - Retail Contact Centre, and GRS - Global Retail Support) organization globally at Apple. You will have the opportunity to ideate and build upon our solid track record for innovation and leadership in areas such as external disclosure of representation and pay equity, long standing commitment to community, along with creating even more inclusive practices in our people processes. This Director role will partner with the People Retail team to individually and collectively lead a critical and strategic imperative for the company, seamlessly integrating across Apple’s ecosystem, In partnership with the Retail People team, you will be responsible for the design, development, and on-going support of Retail team diversity and inclusion strategies, programs and solutions that align and support both operational and strategic priorities of the Retail team.
- You will partner with the Retail People team to ensure Inclusion and Diversity initiatives and strategies are well integrated into Stores, Markets, and Regions.
- You are an agile senior leader, an experienced executive coach, and a trusted community steward to team members and leaders. You are an ambassador of the Apple culture as well as a role-model of collaboration to drive sustainable innovation that enriches both our customers’ and team members’ lives.
- You are an integral member of the I&D global team working in tight collaboration with the People and Retail leadership teams. You have the energy, drive, vision, and sheer tenacity to develop a dynamic I&D function in Retail, deliver innovative strategies, and work closely with all partners within Apple. You are an active change agent and part of a guiding coalition to further broaden our I&D operating model across Apple.
- A successful candidate should have 10+ years experience in combination of I&D, Retail, Organization Development (OD,) Change Management, Strategy, and Leadership Development, and have achieved a track record of consistent success with demonstrable leadership experience.
- Other important characteristics include:
- Applies expert knowledge of I&D; develops I&D strategic direction including data analysis and identification of opportunities and solutions
- Experience in operating and leading I&D globally
- Ability to effectively consult and support multiple, distinct client groups
- Advanced understanding of OD techniques and theory as workforce research and application
- Strong leadership skills, agile to adjust to other people’s needs and achieve impact through others
- Resilient and determined to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit
- Ability to build deep and business-relevant OD / consulting / coaching skills in others
- Excellent process management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to see the implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to leadership decisions
- Personal stature, influence and gravitas to be credible with top management and approachable to employees
- Excellent relationship building and leadership skills at peer and top management levels
- Flexible attitude and an ability to roll up sleeves
- Capable of operating effectively without the support of a huge I&D infrastructure
- Has a learner mindset with the ability to recognize when new skills are needed to continue to be successful in this role.
- A desired qualification is People Business Partnership/Business Human Resources experience with Retail, Sales or Marketing organizations.
Business Acumen Understands and is current on global and local trends/ changes and how they inform and influence I&D. Gathers and uses competitive intelligence and understands diverse customer/client needs. Understands and is current with global socio-political environments. Organizational Development Based on strong business acumen, understands the needs of the organization to achieve maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Consult and influence senior leaders across an evolving matrix organization on key I&D organizational and employee concerns. Provide advice and counsel to senior leaders on I&D planning strategies for the business. Metrics & Analytics Design and implement practices to track and report key people trends and data in partnership with I&D and the Retail people team. Integrate findings with business metrics to proactively identify opportunities across the business and People function and recommend programs and program enhancements as necessary. Change Management Ensure deep understanding of the purpose and impact of all ongoing change initiatives, both inside and outside of the Retail People function as well as I&D at the enterprise level. for themselves, their team and business partners. Partner with and coach own team and senior leaders on building a change agile organization that embraces innovation and aspires to constantly evolve. Ensure outstanding employee and customers experiences as part of the implementation. Leadership Development Understand the learning and development needs of the organization and work with I&D, Apple University, Retail Learning and Development and other internal partners to secure and deliver appropriate training and development activities to the organization. Ensure the Retail People team is deeply proficient in all I&D learning solutions and can comfortably facilitate training and coaching sessions to achieve maximum business impact. Talent & Performance Management Partners with Retail People team and I&D to support and develop talent plans including inputs on talent &, succession planning, talent performance reviews, recognition, performance issues, performance improvement and lessons learned from exits where applicable. Talent Acquisition and On-boarding Partner with Recruiting, Global Mobility and the various lines of business to assess and optimize talent acquisitions and on-boarding strategies and tactics. Ensure inclusion and diversity is integrated in the assessment and advancement processes for outstanding hiring and on-boarding experiences and efficient development processes.