Legal Counsel, Apple TV and Media Services – Product and Partnerships
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? We do, and as a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to cutting-edge and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple Media Services’ Legal group supports Apple TV+ and Apple TV app, Apple Music, Fitness+, iTunes, Shazam, and other entertainment services worldwide. We are seeking an exceptional transactional and product attorney to add to our team.
- 4+ years relevant experience negotiating and drafting a broad set of commercial transactions, including technology vendor agreements, marketing partnerships, and content licensing.
- Experience with digital media streaming platforms a plus.
- Broad experience with some combination of intellectual property, consumer, marketing, digital media, entertainment, software, e-commerce, subscriptions, and privacy law.
- A hard worker with a great attitude, ability to focus, and a strong desire to learn new things.
- Ability to make difficult decisions, break down complex issues, and balance risk with business need.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Aptitude for working with many different stakeholders, including businesspeople, engineers, creatives, marketers, tax experts, government affairs, and international counsel.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for the digital TV and movie business.
- Understanding of and broad interest in digital entertainment and consumer internet businesses.
In this role you’ll help Apple Media Services teams build and grow global, industry-leading entertainment products and businesses (with a focus on Apple’s video services), while responsibly managing legal and regulatory risk. Among other tasks, you may find yourself negotiating a deal with third-party partners to make Apple TV+ available to new customer segments, licensing critical video technology, working with designers to update Apple TV app’s UI and subscription flows, investigating how a state or international law would affect a service or feature, or advising a product or engineering team on whatever legal issues that happen to arise. The perfect candidate for the job will be someone who has a broad skillset and takes pride using it to help make successful media products and services in a highly cross-functional environment.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one US state bar.