Legal Counsel - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed to operate the App Store throughout the world. Apple is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and practical product attorney to support the App Store. This is a great opportunity to work closely with the people running one of the most dynamic and successful businesses on the planet.
- 4-8 years relevant legal experience at a technology company, a leading law firm, or a government agency.
- Experience advising clients on issues related to the app economy, online platforms, internet products/services, digital distribution, e-commerce, new technologies, or novel/complex business issues.
- Experience quickly responding to and resolving complex issues related to regulatory compliance, government inquiries, fraud, subscription practices, consumer protection, software, intellectual property and customer payment systems is desirable.
- Excellent listening, communication, analytical, drafting and organizational skills.
- Loves digging into complex details, handling a variety of matters, and providing practical legal solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Enjoys building strong client relationships and working collaboratively with teams from various disciplines, such as engineering, design, business, and marketing.
- Comfortable with healthy debate.
- Best suited for a self-starter who is curious, likes learning, and thrives in a dynamic, team environment.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for supporting and advising the App Store’s engineering, product marketing, subscription practices, and operations teams on a wide variety of matters, including feature/technology development, design considerations, regulatory compliance, fraud prevention, transactional matters, and data privacy issues. Experience drafting responses to government regulators is a plus. You will help review and draft language for product UI, purchase flows, and customer and developer-facing terms and conditions. You will also help advise on risk allocation/mitigation, business implications, and policies, and collaborate with the broader legal team supporting Apple products and services around the world.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar