Communications System Requirements Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Our team is looking for a Communication System Requirements Engineer to bring rigorous engineering to multi-functional technologies at Apple.
- You have 5+ years of experience in a system requirements engineering role focused on the generation of "system requirements and derived specifications of complex, multi-disciplinary systems."
- A broad knowledge of various engineering fields including Communications Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Software Engineering.
- Your experience in mapping requirements to a verification and validation plans will be highly valued.
- Experience performing trade studies and driving key decisions to closure.
- You have prior experience with "requirements tracking" tools; like DOORS or JAMA our preferred choice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to foster productive relationships with colleagues
Your 5+ years of experience in a system requirements engineering role enabling communications among team members and ensure the requirements and associated verification are properly documented. You easily map derived requirements and design specifications to system requirements. During the design of the system, you will perform trade studies and work with others to facilitate their closure. If you thrive in helping build and maintain system design budgets, this might be just the role. Work cross functionally to draft interface description documents that complement the requirements.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.