AR/VR Systems Frameworks Engineer
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in working on augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) technology and product space? Are you driven by innovation? Are you passionate about creating and delivering ground-breaking products and services? Do you want to work on something impactful that enhances the life of millions of customers? If that sounds like you, look no further! We are looking for an exceptional engineer to help architect and implement latency-critical system software. As a member of our fast-paced and collaborative group, you will have the unique and exciting opportunity to design and build core foundational frameworks for Apple's revolutionary AR/VR roadmap.
- Proficiency in writing production quality C/C++ code
- Experience with multi-threaded and multi-process designs, performance analysis and optimization
- Deep understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Creative and critical thinking capabilities and debugging skills
You will engage and drive cross-functional consensus to support product requirements. You will drive performance analysis and optimization of your code. You will contribute to the software architecture and influence key decisions with regards to performance and power trade-offs in a resource-constrained system.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- While we don't expect you to have familiarity with following technologies, we’re looking for candidates eager to learn and innovate in these areas:
- - Experience real-time, safety-critical systems or virtualization technologies is a plus
- - Familiarity with system software stack for complex compute nodes (GPU, Neural Engine etc)
- If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you: At Apple, we see the whole you. We carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The AR/VR Distributed Experience Engineer role starts at an annual salary of $107,500. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation.