C&P, Camera Software - Computational Imaging Research Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Computational Imaging team provides the innovative algorithms and image processing solutions for all of Apple’s awe-inspiring devices including iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Combining ground breaking machine learning and computational photography techniques with next-generation hardware, our team takes the mobile photography experience to the next level. For instance, our team created this year the DeepFusion imaging feature that was shipped in the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Plus devices. If you are passionate about finding and solving new problems in computer vision and image processing, we have the job for you.
- Excellent programming skills with experience in GPU programming and C/C++
- Knowledge/experience in Metal programming are a big plus for the candidate
- Proven practical experience in implementing algorithms for image processing or photography applications including aspects of computational photography, computer vision and/or machine learning
- A good understanding of image processing, machine learning and computer vision
The Computational Imaging team is seeking extraordinary, driven, and innovative developers to work on special computational photography, machine learning, image processing and computer vision solutions. Through crafting advanced imaging algorithms and forward-looking features on our team, you will contribute to existing and future iterations of Apple's products. You will collaborate daily with our team of engineers to build a new and dynamic vision of how we approach new problems. You will contribute directly to solving those problems using creative and unique algorithms.
Education & Experience
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in image processing, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Computer Science, or a related field is required
- Experience with iOS or other mobile systems as a plus