Search Data Scientist, Apple App Store - Culver City
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking a specialist Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for the Apple App Store and understanding search and discovery. This role will involve working with Internet-scale search data on the App Store, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building machine learning models to drive product and strategy. The team’s culture centers around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, engineering, business, and marketing partners.
- Demonstrated ability in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably from a role passionate about search and discovery. Domain knowledge in music, mobile apps, or video content is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with SQL-based languages.
- Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred. Experience with Python, R or comparable language.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (such as Tableau) for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Experience using relevant statistical and machine learning methods for building predictive models and knowledge of A/B test experimentation design and analysis.
- Curious business attitude with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Excellent communication, social and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to handle work to tight deadlines and the pressure of executive requests.
Dive deep into large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will drive App Store product and design strategy. Craft how best to monitor, measure and understand product and business performance around search and discovery. Collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data. Your creative skills will be utilized daily
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field