Sr. Data Engineer - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out innovative and exciting technology for Apple’s future products and features in health. We are seeking a highly capable Sr. Data Engineer - Health Technologies to join a multi-disciplinary team. Successful candidates will be able to integrate with our research study leads, data scientists and engineers to develop and support effective data analysis and machine learning workflows.
- Experience with software engineering frameworks
- Excellent coding skills in Python, experience with JVM languages such as Java, Scala
- Web Service APIs (e.g. AWS, REST, GraphQL)
- Data Format SDKs (e.g. Protobuf)
- Designing and maintaining databases (e.g. Postgres, Apache Parquet)
- Distributed processing and job scheduling frameworks (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Airflow, Oozie)
- Version control frameworks (e.g. Git, virtualenv)
- macOS/iOS/watchOS development is a nice to have (e.g. Objective-C, Swift)
- :Familiarity with best practices for information security, including safe harbor privacy principles for sensitive data
- :Experience with biomedical sensors/platforms for measuring physiological signals in the health, wellness and/or fitness realms. Experience with documenting turnkey pipelines for both technical and nontechnical audiences
In this role, you will be expected to: *Work closely with team members and study staff to design, build, launch, document and maintain systems for storing, aggregating, and analyzing large amounts of data *Process, troubleshoot, and clean incoming data from human studies *Script and automate data ingestion and transformation pipelines, with hooks for QA, auditing, redaction, and compliance checks per data management specifications *Create and populate databases with existing and incoming clinical/physiological data *Architect data models and create tools to harmonize disparate data sources *Incorporate and comply with regulations as they pertain to electronic and clinical data and databases
Education & Experience
B.S/M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Informatics or equivalent with relevant 6+ years industry experience with biomedical, heath, or sensitive data
- You will thrive in our fast-paced environment if you are highly organized and able to multitask.
- Flexible thinking, adaptability to change and comfort with ambiguity are hallmarks of successful people on our team.
- We look forward to witnessing your excellent communication and interpersonal skills during the interview process.
- A proven ability to work seamlessly with others is required to acclimate quickly to our culture.
- We highly value your analytical mind and problem-solving skills, and expect a stellar attention to detail