Test Automation Engineering PM - WW Ops BPR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Our team is looking for a Test automation Engineering PM to join our Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) group to support planning, creating, scheduling, coordinating, and executing tests for projects in WW SOS Operations organization. As a Test Automation Engineering PM, you will be tasked with working along side project PMs and development to fanatically ensure high quality products for our business and customers while reducing manual test efforts.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, driven individual who is comfortable working in a global, matrixed, fast-paced environment and will have experience with agile method of working. He / She will be able to analyze and synthesize business requirements across multiple regions and ensure full coverage of test scenarios and be able to identify key integration points with other projects.
- As the successful candidate, you will have several years' experience as a lead, test automation engineer and / or QA analyst ideally within IS&T and / or business user community.
- Ability to create, drive and support automation test strategy. Dedication to delivering great software and releasing it quickly, efficiently and with increasing quality.
- Strong experience in integrated, end to end systems and testing methodologies.
- Experience developing in Python or Java, familiar with databases, SQL, and scripting languages. Solid foundation in computer science, with proficiencies in data structures, algorithms and software design preferred.
- Proficient in refactoring, test automation, emergent design, testable and modular code, and build infrastructure.
- Working experience utilizing Continuous Integration concepts and streamlined delivery of code.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to build relationships, collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams within your area of responsibility.
- Strong understanding of supply chain operations processes
- Well versed in multiple styles of Release & Change Management processes including Agile/Scrum, Waterfall and Iterative
- As a system architect, ability to analyze, design and implement test automation frameworks across various technology platforms.
- Solid understanding of project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to influence others and an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Strong level of customer focus and attention to details
- Working knowledge and hand on experience with industry best practices in software testing
- High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to “make things happen”
- System analysis and problem solving skills a must.
- Architect and develop test automation frameworks for repeatable, effective testing. - Determine test automation approach and relevant automation framework for the project requirements. - Mobilize and manage Test automation Engineers to deliver project test automation. - Deliver successful release of system enhancements / new functionalities from Development to Production through effective testing. - Management of end to end test activities including test strategy, test process management, team coordination and communication - Lead cross-functional team to support each release project testing and post Release/Change review and coach other PMs - Develop test plans, facilitate creation of test cases, and test scripts on multiple projects of varying size - Create, maintain and report testing metrics including SLAs and KPIs - Validate that user expectations are achieved during the testing process - Drive issues to resolution with IS&T and business partners during Test cycles. - Create and maintain overall testing knowledge repository for the BPR team - Continuously improve testing best practices and methods. - Influence teams to make right decisions on Go/No go exit criteria based on Test Cycle performance and risk mitigation. - Stitch across the different functionality and facilitate end to end test scenario creation, manually or automated. - Execute OEM, DC, and Reseller testing processes for onboarding new suppliers for EDI, API, flatfiles and operations processes for inventory management and pick, pack, and ship processes.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required: - 7-10 years experience in managing large global technical projects - 7 years for managing and executing system integration testing or user acceptance testing for complex, highly integrated projects - Minimum 7 years in lead position during SAP implementations. S4HANA experience is very desirable. - Minimum 7 years hands on experience in software test automation tools and frameworks such as Worksoft, Tosca, UFT, Selenium etc. - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent - PMI/PMP certification preferred - Certified Scrum Master preferred - Preferred certifications in SAP ECC and S4HANA - Preferred certifications in Worksoft or other test automation tools and frameworks.
- - Exceptional project management skills with an attention to detail, and a consistent record to influence and collaborate horizontally and vertically
- - Experience working on projects for teams based globally
- - Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and multi tasking