BMS Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you seeking to push the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. In this role you will utilize your skills as a test engineer to lead testing execution in coordinate with engineers and technicians to validate battery packs for next generation consumer electronics. You will work with multi-functional teams to develop test process, lead test expectation and analyze test results.
- Experienced in electrical engineering or engineering/applied physics with focus on battery packs.
- 2+ years of electronic circuit testing (battery preferred) in lab environment with understanding schematic and layout.
- Understanding of EE bench test equipment and use and appropriate application. (Oscilloscopes, meters, data-loggers, power supplies, etc.)
- Highly experienced in a lab setting, bringing a can-do attitude with a willingness to take ownership and drive results.
- Experience of reviewing schematics and electronic board layout designs
- Familiarity with Lithium-based battery technologies and charging requirements
- Experience with portable consumer electronic products or batteries
- Familiarity with battery cycle test equipment is desired.
- Relies on data to justify technical decisions and ability to clearly explain technical issues
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and curious spirit and willing to work in fast pace team.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Have a previous track record of success conducting tests - should also be able to process and summarize data.
- Possess a high level of attention to details.
- Familiarity with test platforms including Automated Test Equipment utilizing data acquisition and instrumentation control software such as python or similar test scripting.
-Execute and lead technicians to conduct tests and provide accurate result report. -Generate KPI for day to day lab activities. -Reviews BMU schematics and layout to verify conformance and to determine testability. -Conducts investigations and prepares reports to support investigations. -Writes plans, co-develops procedures and analyzes data for validation activities. -Running complex test setups using high accuracy test equipment. -Troubleshooting equipment and sample issues, maintaining and solving test equipment problems as needed. -Use various types of measurement equipment to test batteries and cells.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Engineering or applied physics