Firmware Quality Manager
San Diego, California, United States
The Audio Products Firmware team is looking for an energetic manager to join our team. In this role you will lead the vision and development of the tools and processes for our team. You will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the quality of firmware and software for Apple's consumer audio products.
- 5+ years of software development/testing experience
- 3+ years leading a development team
- Understanding of the software development and testing process
- Prior experience with embedded software or firmware development for a shipping product
- Familiarity with automated build, continuous integration, and test automation systems
- Have an understanding of branching and software configuration management
- Genuine passion for improving the quality of our products
- Able to coordinate the efforts of multiple teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
This is a high visibility job that involves a deep understanding of our cutting edge technologies. You will be leading the activities of the firmware infrastructure for our audio products. This role will focus on helping establish the vision for our DevOps and Continuous Integration pipeline, our software integration processes and tools, and our bug management and triaging process. We are seeking someone who is passionate about our products and is interested in improving the quality, innovation and predictability of our deliverables. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. Excellent communication and collaboration is a must, as you will be asked to partner with team members and other engineering teams. Areas Of Responsibilities: - Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for firmware engineering, identifying gaps or inefficiencies and suggesting improvements - Design our team’s Continuous Integration/DevOps and firmware integration process - Lead your team to screen and triaging incoming bugs; develop tools that will help in quick triage of bugs - Identify potential trends in incoming bugs and raise to cross-functional team members - Coordinate program-wide bug reviews with individual teams - Synchronize technical updates between your engineering team and the program management team - Make strategic technical product decisions that positively affect the engineering team’s ability to deliver embedded technologies - Provide employees career-development opportunities and maintain an open channel of communication - Inspire innovation and technical growth in your employees through hands-on mentoring and encouragement
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.