Senior Software Engineer / Architect - Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries! It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising across Apple’s services. It sits at the very core of the strategically important pillars in the services’ strategy. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, push state of the art ML/DL models and sets new standards for enabling next generation advertising capabilities as well as delightful services while protecting user privacy. We are looking for an outstanding hands-on machine learning (ML) & distributed systems senior manager who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will develop, implement and deploy to production new advertising algorithms and supporting capabilities. The position also involves developing a keen understanding of the content, audience and advertising network behavior; detecting meaningful data patterns; assuring the integrity and breadth of the data; measuring user, campaign and app performance; and finally analyzing the results of extremely large-scale experiments. In particular, this position focuses on crafting delightful experiences which perform well on a multi-dimensional aspect of relevance, personalization and revenue, hence crafting a healthy and growing marketplace.
- You can apply advanced statistical methods and work with large, complex data sets.
- You can actively participate in investigations into multiple streams of ads quality data, and draw conclusions from data, recommend actions.
- You have experience in some of the following domains: Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Database Systems, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, Networking, Statistics, Game Theory, Auction Design, or other experience with rigorous Quantitative Analysis or Systems Software implementation.
- You have experience developing in Python, C++, C# or Java.
- You are familiar with databases, SQL, and scripting languages.
- You have a practical understanding of modern machine learning and its components.
- You enjoy working closely with operational teams on deployment, monitoring, and management concerns.
- You actively recruit and attract top talent and build a center of excellences in the org.
You will lead the team that defines, refines, and/or refactors our approaches, designs, and architectures to meet the need of the content-revenue ecosystem. You will lead a team of world-class machine learning engineers as well as web scale distributed systems hungry to apply leading-edge technologies to deliver extraordinary experiences to our customers. You will play a critical leadership role building products which deliver on Apple's privacy commitments and change the way content personalization works with data. You will have the opportunity to work on a platform with extreme scale requirements. At Ad Platforms, we are constantly developing products to provide amazing user experiences and drive value for publishers and developers. You will have the chance to lead the design and implementations of the engineering solutions that bring groundbreaking ad network algorithms into production in heterogeneous environments. You have the chance to apply groundbreaking data engineering techniques, platform engineering approaches, and algorithmic solutions. You will join and contribute to a culture that emphasizes understandability, reliability, resiliency, simplicity, reusability, extensibility, scalability, and productivity. We are one team, nurturing each other’s growth and supporting each other in delivering for our customers and Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Distributed Systems, Software Engineering, or related field; and experience designing, building, maintaining, and extending web-scale production systems.
- Experience leading teams that deliver the infrastructure, frameworks, and components that support mission critical ML capabilities.
- Location: Cupertino, CA or Austin, TX