Senior Product Manager, Supply Optimization - Targeting
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are highly performant, deployed at scale, and set new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are looking for a world-class Product Manager to join the team and help build the next generation of marketplace and optimization tools. Are you looking for a technically challenging product management position and enjoy turning insights from large data sets into product improvements? Then we are searching for you! With a proven track record of enabling cross-functional teams to deliver complex systems, you will need to understand the world of optimization systems development and data driven product management, orchestrate a product plan and schedule, then successfully manage execution from development to launch and continued optimization and operation of the product.
- Understanding of digital and mobile display advertising products and businesses.
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of software and/or technology product management experience is required. Experience managing products through the full life cycle: strategy, development, launch, optimization, sunset. Experience launching a v1 product is a plus.
- Understand and discuss technical concepts, and a consideration for scale, efficiency and performance.
- Understand technical program management tasks employed in an engineering environment.
- Able to function well in loosely structured situations. Works effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information. Effectively handle multiple projects or tasks at the same time, while being open to and responding flexibly to change
- Strong diplomacy skills to negotiate consensus despite competing business needs and objectives.
- Experience doing large scale data analysis to support business decision making.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Being the subject matter expert on ad targeting and delivery systems, identifying new advertising opportunities and building solutions to optimize supply usage to improve advertiser performance, publisher monetization and deliver the best advertising experience. Developing short- and mid- term vision for Ad Platforms products and services, in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, specifically around ad targeting and delivery systems. Working with business stakeholders to define revenue/business objectives and ensure that product initiatives and features are linked to these objectives. Developing new product business cases, market and competitive analysis, product requirements documentation, and high-level release and go-to-market plans. Leveraging market intelligence, competitive analysis, customer research, and stakeholder feedback to prioritize and translate asks into actionable requirements that achieve customer and Apple’s goals. Working closely with engineers to identify critical paths, and to prioritize requirements for execution.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, ideally in business administration, marketing, advertising, computer science, economics, mathematics, or a related field. MBA a plus.