DCM Solutions Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for dynamic, highly motivated talent for our World-Wide Apple Retail Online Operations team. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries! It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Apple Online Store Operations is responsible for publishing & maintaining the Apple.com/shop, Apple Store App & five additional digital customer platforms across 39 countries. Our goal is deliver a magical, personal digital experience where customers can shop, buy and learn everything Apple, wherever they are! The WW Digital Content Management Solutions Team analyzes, develops and improves the Apple Online Store digital content publishing processes & solutions across all of Apple’s online platforms. You will work cross functionally with Product Management, Business Process Re-engineering, Online Merchandising and Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Marcom, & Engineering to clearly articulate our business processes, requirements, and collaborate with our partner teams in designing, testing, and implementing world class publishing & e-commerce solutions.
- Outstanding experience in leading and implementing change initiatives to business processes and technologies.
- Excellent business analysis skills: eliciting, analyzing, prioritizing, detailing and driving business requirements.
- Extensive program management skills in structuring programs
- Driving projects of various size simultaneously from ideation, requirements definition to quality assurance and business roll out.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically with a persistent attention to detail
- High level of comfort in cutting through ambiguity while driving what matters.
- Ability to exert tactful influence in a matrix organization using teamwork and collaboration, while also driving cross-functional teams to develop solutions that deliver a world class shopping experience.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to clearly detail and share complex ideas across all levels of the organization including executive management.
This role is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to utilize their digital/e-commerce acumen to enhance the processes and tools used by the entire WW Digital Content Management (DCM) team. You will apply your problem solving skills to drive creative, beneficial solutions and processes that mitigate security risks, enable efficiency and scalability for the team while maintaining Apple’s exceptional quality standards. You will identify opportunities which help our team work more effectively, and drive process alignment. As updates to tools or systems are needed, you will act as a lead advocate on behalf of the Digital Content Management team in each project phase from strategic roadmap development to final roll out and user training. Technical design and software programming of these tools are carried out by Apple’s Product & Engineering teams, so partnering closely with these teams to help them understand DCM’s business requirements is critical to your success.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent Prior experience in e-Commerce & platforms a plus Lean/Six Sigma Certification, PMP a plus
- Partnering with Digital Content Management business users to understand their challenges and anticipate future business needs including new processes, tools, and overall management systems.
- Applying change management methodologies to business process analysis and documentation, impact assessment and critical metric measurement of changes related to business processes and technology, drive adoption and proficiency of changes.
- Representing the DCM team in developing and prioritizing business requirements as we improve our tools, systems, and processes to enable more flexibility, speed to market, while maintaining quality & discretion.
- Influencing decisions and managing change across a variety of partners.
- Use of business expertise to challenge and resolve differences when conflicting business approaches or requirements arise. Seeking to meet immediate business needs, while enabling future scale.
- Developing use cases and define requirements to ensure business needs are clearly understood by relevant partners, and proposed solutions meet business requirements.
- Planning for and leading the adoption of tools & process with the teams as well as assisting in development of training strategy for business users.
- Helping our cross functional partner teams remain focused on what matters most, and ensuring that they have appropriate business support to deliver to commitments. This includes helping our business partners see opportunities to improve & scale process across functions.
- Regularly communicating program/projects status to leadership team.
- Can be located in Cupertino or Austin.