Motion Sensing Hardware Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Motion Sensing Hardware team integrates the best products in current sensing technologies into our consumer products. We oversee the entire development cycle of the technology with our partners, and together we overcome challenging integration issues in system. We invite motivated and curious designers to join our team and help us develop the modules and technologies that put our products in a class of their own. You will be responsible for driving failure analysis and sensor characterization experiments, building test hardware and software, and providing recommendations based on data analysis of experimental results. You will utilize your training in analytics, mathematics, and engineering to design, conduct, and review experiments. We encourage you to share the unique perspectives you bring that enrich our ability to deliver the world’s best in mobile computing and user experience. At the heart of this role is your ability to support and enable a growing number of engineers, while developing your own skills and experience. This role requires intimate familiarity with electronics lab equipment, a strong analytical and mathematical background, excellent communication skills, and a results-driven mindset with attention to quality of execution of the experiments. You will also build hardware and software infrastructures with the aim of streamlining and automating several engineering tasks. You are expected to be very comfortable working in a lab setting with mechanical, electrical, and environmental testing equipment.
- The ability to read and understand data sheets and application notes. Experience with EDA tools and PCB design. Familiarity with the design of major circuit building blocks: ADC, power supplies, amplifiers, filters, and oscillators. Experience with using electronics lab equipment like oscilloscopes, power supplies, spectrum analyzers.
- Experience in generic troubleshooting techniques: problem isolation, parametric sweep analysis, regression testing, identification of faulty test setup.
- Data analysis: Correlations and trend extraction of data. Multivariate distributions. Signal conditioning and frequency domain processing of raw sensor signals. Temporal and frequency filtering techniques.
- The ability and willingness to produce work that is conforming to design standards defined by the team.
- High interest in learning and development of skills mentioned above.
- Team player, with demonstrable skills in time management, meeting deadlines, producing reliable test results, and working to continually improve testing methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
You will design, build, and test PCBs and flexes for module and system level testing. You will design and conduct various motion sensor characterization experiments, analyze and mine the resulting data, and present your findings to cross-functional teams, with the aim of driving root cause analysis of failures. You will be expected to build procedures and tools that unify and automate the way we gather and analyze our sensor data. In the process, you will be expected to build intimate familiarity with our sensor signal chains through our software layers, and become proficient at building several proof-of-concept designs and participating in showcasing and evaluating our newest ideas. A deep understanding of software methodologies is a big plus, and familiarity with mechanical fixture design and manufacturing is also very much desired. This role can require spending up to 20% of your time in travel
Education & Experience
Requires a Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Mechatronics Engineering with 5+ years of hands-on experience