Software Developer in Test - Cloud File Providers
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The iCloud Drive team works at the intersection of software and services. We design and implement the software syncing documents for hundreds of millions of users every day, and providing these documents through applications and system services on iOS and macOS. That code is integrated deep into the OS, in a stack that ranges from the kernel to the UI. You will help drive features and quality in a fast pace, high impact environment! The position entails responsibility for the quality of the user experience, the reliability, performance and stability of the system, the integrity of our users data, and the protection of their privacy. The challenge in this position is to deliver features while not compromising on any of these requirements.
- Programming skills: extensive experience in Python or Swift.
- Expertise: strong capabilities in end-to-end software testing.
- Experience with crafting tests with complex systems and quickly evolving tests environments.
- Experience with performance analysis, stress tests, and scalability assessments.
- Experience with telemetry, critical metrics, and data-driven decisions.
- History of shipping software on tight schedules.
Test automation for iCloud Drive is absolutely mission critical and informs tactical decisions every day; this QA automation position mixes quality (user experience, automation coverage, feature ship readiness) engineering (test development, debugging) and DevOps (continuous integration, infrastructure work), and has an immediate impact on the quality of a service that is essential to the work and personal life of hundreds of millions of users. You will be responsible for keeping the automation infrastructure up and running for the needs of the engineering team, keeping up to date with the various infrastructure changes across the company, learning from other teams with similar needs and history! You will also be responsible day to day for investigating test failures and tracking fixes, whether they be infrastructure related or software regressions. The QA automation engineer will be in charge of assessing the test automation coverage, raising risk and blind spots to management, and adding tests where missing, or working with other specialists or teams to add tests. Finally, the QA automation engineer will provide periodic assessments on ship readiness for new features.
Education & Experience
BSc / MSc: CS/CE or equivalent experience.
- Customer Focus: passionate about the customer experience, and in understanding how to identify and reduce pain points.
- Priority Driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing and dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Great Teammate: Excellent multi-functional communication and influencing skills.
- Team Builder: Ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best quality minded individuals.
- Technically Agile: Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience.
- Exec Presence: Ability to summarize key points and tie them back to the customer experience.
- Autonomy, creativity and accountability.