PR Manager, ALAC
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
Apple's worldwide communications team informs the world about the Company, our innovative products and services, and the values that drive our company. We are looking for innovative, collaborative professionals from a variety of creative fields and backgrounds in public relations, journalism, buzz marketing and events. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the most exciting work of your career at Apple! We are seeking a Public Relations Manager to drive strategy and execution of results-oriented PR programs and initiatives in Latin America. This is foremost a media relations role. You will be hands on, working day-to-day to engage with local journalists explaining our products and services and bringing them to life through feature stories that showcase their benefits to consumers.
- 10+ years experience in PR. This might include roles in PR agencies or corporate PR departments;
- Strong product knowledge and experience working for or with a global organization in a consumer and/or corporate PR capacity, consumer technology and lifestyle markets are preferred;
- Deep understanding and network with media/journalists, social influencers and/or content creators in Latin America;
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills combined with keen attention to details, precise project management and meeting tight deadlines;
- Ability to continually prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, energizing environment;
- Highly collaborative with extraordinary social and relationship-building skills;
- Experience in issues management;
- Availability for travels;
- Proficient command of English and Spanish language.
Use your first-class knowledge of the media landscape in Latin America to broaden and deepen our contacts with traditional and emerging media, like Podcasts and social networks, and content creators. Have pulse of any changes in the media industry. Be the first to know about new publications, blogs, programs or journalists taking up new posts. Spot the opportunities that arise from these changes, strategize and recommend how we can capitalize on them to deliver quality coverage placements. Have the ability to dive deep into our segment markets to identify new and creative ways to reach influencing media, develop/localize relevant content and share the Apple story. Are the local authority as it pertains to PR initiatives with the flexibility to support multiple areas as needed. Possess expert knowledge of competitive products and keep the worldwide team up to date on what's going on in your markets. Manage and respond to day-to-day press inquiries and ensure our regular media are kept up to speed on the latest Apple news. Play an instrumental role in influencing how launch and momentum campaigns are developed to ensure maximum coverage in Latin America. Organize briefings with key press, via press tours, selection of Hit Lists for special events, planning of briefings, capturing coverage, and reporting on results. Have the capacity to handle crisis and other reactive PR situations with grace and ease, knowing when and how to respond to media inquiries. Identify and raise potential public issues that may impact Apple; diffuse rumors, and resolve conflicting messages. Manage and handle distribution of PR materials and resources (press release, images, reviewers guides, B-roll) as required, provide context and recommendations on localization needs. Drive a product seeding program for launch, momentum campaigns and content reviews. Identify new opportunities and handhold media to ensure a seamless experience. Track key coverage for your areas and share news with the wider Latin American and global teams when relevant. Are naturally passionate, creative, results oriented, dynamic and strategic. Are responsible for the successful planning and management of a number of projects, prioritizing these to meet critical deadlines delivering work on time and on budget. This role can be based in Miami, Mexico City or São Paulo.
Education & Experience
University degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or Journalism.