Commercial Data Scientist
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Operations and Supply Chain
Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to the job and there’s no telling what you will accomplish! In this deeply analytical role, you'll work closely with our internal teams to drive Channel partner sell thru, using expert data analytics and relationship management!
- Innovative and strategic approach to reporting and business analytics
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal - able to present complex analytics to an executive audience
- Extraordinary data analytical skills, including the ability to model, interpret and present data in a way to zero in on what is most impactful
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- A propensity to unlock the potential of every relationship, through getting to know people, soliciting input and feedback from a wide variety of people
- Appetite to push yourself, and others, in our quest for quality.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last minute requests
Drive a management system which ensures continued improvement in service levels from forecast, demand signals, demand planning and delivery execution perspectives Proactively identify material gaps in the order book vs. forecast and drive appropriate action to resolve Propose and implement new & innovative ways to enable the business to answer questions quickly Use expert analytical skills to report on customer performance and in turn, help us to deliver an even better customer experience Develop early alert mechanisms through analytical insights in our Ops data set and determine assignable actions to increase sell thru Utilise the appropriate statistical analytics techniques to find opportunities to optimise supply chain processes Champion the functions automation strategy by seeking opportunities for application of machine learning and robotic process automation techniques
Education & Experience
A relevant 3rd level degree e.g. Engineering, Maths, Economics, Supply Chain, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or Data Science & Analytics A post-graduate qualification would be an advantage Fluency in English is essential