Embedded Systems Triage Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a hands-on DIY fan to solve phone/computer/electronics problems, love poking around and reverse engineering to find fix/workaround? If yes, we believe a role in System Debug team will be your right place! We are looking for a great SW engineer to do low level failure analysis/debugging on embedded systems.
- Experience in embedded software development and logical failure analysis by SW methods.
- Good programming skills in low level language such as C, and any scripts (Python, Perl, Shell, Tcl or similar). Assembly is a plus.
- Experience and persistence to drive towards solutions of sophisticated problems across multiple teams and domains.
- Nice to have:
- Hands-on experience with board bring up, and debugging embedded system problems such as reset, hang, black screen etc.
- Proficient in use of JTAG SW debug tools and symbol level debug environments (lldb/gdb/Trace32).
- Solid embedded system knowledge such as booting process, OS/RTOS, bootloader, driver.
- Strong experience to build and debug with RTOS tools & environments (such as iOS/Android/QNX).
- Driver development experiences on HW interfaces such as UART/USB/I2C/SPI/SPMI.
We will have our new hire be responsible for hands-on failure analysis and system problem root cause debugging using SW methods. Problems are usually open-ended on the boundary between HW, core silicon, and SW, happening from system bring up through various pre-production phases to production ramp and field return periods. Join our team and make an impact on the quality and performance of future iPhone, iPad, and Mac programs!
Education & Experience
BS/BE or higher in CS/CE/EE or related fields