Engineering Project Manager - Privacy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Privacy is a fundamental human right and one of Apple’s core values. We are committed to delivering great features and great privacy to our customers. The Software Engineering Program Office is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to support the User Privacy Team. As an EPM, you will play a key role in shipping high-quality user experiences to billions of customers, all designed with privacy in mind.
- Passion for / desire to learn privacy
- Experience developing project plans and managing complex, cross functional projects
- Ability to navigate through, find clarity in, and lead teams through ambiguity
- Ability to track and manage numerous, unrelated parallel activities
- Ability to mobilize, encourage, influence, advocate for, and lead teams without direct authority
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to create, drive, and document repeatable processes and resources
- Flexible, self-motivated, curious
EPMs are responsible for developing processes, managing and communicating project definitions, engineering achievements and schedules, and project status for new and ongoing projects. EPMs are catalysts for the teams they support, bringing clarity by creating plans, driving the team to execute on those plans, setting goals and expectations, and removing roadblocks. As an EPM, you will have the opportunity to influence and build relationships with team members in all functional areas and levels of the organization— engineering, legal, marketing, design, and leadership. You will ensure that all products, services, and projects are designed with privacy by ensuring the privacy team’s work is tracked, accounted for, and delivered on time.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's/Master's Degree or equivalent work experience in project management