Module Reliability Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Are you a technologist looking for a career that provides ever evolving challenges? This position is offered in Apple’s Module & Technology Reliability Group. We guide development teams toward a reliable design of new technology components. Through deep investigation and collaboration, we strive to provide customers an experience of enduring quality through these products so integral to our lives. We are presently looking for someone to guide the reliable development of display and sensor technologies.
- Strong understanding of the physics behind material properties (mechanical, electrical, and optical)
- Experience with the manufacture and/or design of assemblies that convert digital signals into physical (voltage, light, vibration) signals and vice versa
- Adept in statistical data analysis and clear reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to complete tests and resolve problems in an unattended manner
- Flexibility to accept new tasks
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the dream to work with a great team and product
What will you do in this role? As a Reliability Engineer, you will identify high risk failure modes early in the design life cycle, and collaborate with other teams to reduce the risk. You will develop new tests based on the physics of failure and expected user behaviors, and deliver test equipment and specifications that are critical to validate the product reliability, and work with vendor partners to support the reliability requirements. Finally, you will collaborate on failure analysis, providing direction based on your evaluation of the test data.
Education & Experience
3-10 years of experience in an engineering role M.S. or PhD in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field desired.