AppleCare Product Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We believe that if you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you could accomplish. Bring your passion, dedication and focus, and help invent the future! We believe in the power of combining product management and product marketing together - that the best person to communicate why a product is meaningful to customers is the same person that helped drive its creation. As a member of the AppleCare Worldwide Product Marketing team, you will serve as the voice of the customer during product development with incredible teams, and also create the launch story about your products. You’ll apply your judgment and customer insights to help infuse ideas for groundbreaking features into our product-development process. In doing so, you’ll collaborate with a wide range of teams that may include other Product Marketing teams, Operations, Legal, Government Affairs, Finance, Sales and Marketing Communications. Together, we will guide a product vision from a fragile idea to the world-class product our customers expect from Apple!
- Passionate about developing and shipping cutting edge service and support products.
- 7+ years Product Management/Product Marketing experience having led the entire product development cycle from concept to introduction.
- Familiarity with consumer electronics technologies, products and markets.
- Proven experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, and industry professionals.
- Requires best-in-class oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, craft positioning, and define promotional activities.
- May require some international and domestic travel.
As a member of the AppleCare Worldwide Product Marketing team, you will be deeply involved in the definition of the AppleCare products roadmap, and development and launch of future products. You will play an instrumental role on the team that includes writing product and marketing requirements documents, collaborating with operations teams to investigate new product features, and being the voice of the market to Apple during the development phase. Leading up to launch, you will recommend pricing, craft product messaging briefs, guide marketing communications on the creation of product launch materials, and act as a product spokesperson. This role requires an excellent understanding of service and support and industry trends. You are comfortable managing complex and ambiguous problems and situations, and adept at identifying a project’s risks. You love using your creative and critical thinking to craft solutions for resolving them quickly. Working with multiple internal and external partners, you are adept at quickly gaining their respect and support, and consistently demonstrate extraordinary marketing expertise, attention to detail, objectivity, and accountability.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, MS/MBA preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.