Display Electrical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
As a member of our team, you will design and build the most advanced mobile display modules, with best in class quality and reliability. Your work will directly impact user experience for hundreds of millions of people. As an iPhone Display Hardware Engineer, you will drive projects, from concept phase, all the way through engineering builds, and into volume manufacturing. You will work cross functionally to ensure a coherent end to end solution that challenges the status quo. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 3+ years of work experience, with system architecture, hands on design experience, component selection, schematics, PCB layout, including analysis for SI/PI/crosstalk is a plus
- Experience working with cross functional teams (FW, SW, Diags, System HW, Optical).
- Experience with electronic component failure analysis using diagnostic equipment including: oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, X-ray, CT, TDR, thermal camera.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools such as HSPICE or Spectre
- Experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
- Experience supporting volume ramp, shipping to end users, and debugging field returns.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Define module architecture, and work with internal & external resources to implement your design. - Define validation requirements: functional verification, signal characterization, power test, and system coexistence testing. - Manage vendor communication and ensure requirements are met. - Support builds in region for new hardware bring-up and debug. - Define custom silicon architecture and IP blocks.
Education & Experience
- - PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, or 7 years of work experience.
- - Experience in one or more of: power (DC-DC converters, power management, low power design), analog and mixed-signal circuit design
- - Experience in display technology, such as LCD, OLED, plasma, DLP, LCOS, e-paper.
- - Experience with: embedded systems and various communication protocols (example: SPI, I2C, UART, MIPI, DSI, DP).
- - Experience with consumer electronics.