Austin, Texas, United States
The Product Realization Lab is looking for an entry level CNC prototype machinist who will be responsible for preparing materials, programming tool paths, setting up and operating multiple CNC machines, spot checking finished components, all while maintaining quality and safety standards.
- 2+ years of experience setting up and operating computer numerical controlled machines
- Experience programming in a 3D CAD/CAM environment
- 5-axis experience is a plus
- Experience working with a wide range of materials
- Proficient with calipers, micrometers, surface plate inspection practices
- Experience using horizontal and vertical saws, manual mills and lathes
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances
- Self-motivated and a self starter
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with close tolerances
- Prepare material for machining using manual and CNC machines - Accurately follow operational and routine maintenance instructions - Assemble fixtures, tool holders and cutting tools to facilitate machining operations - Work closely with other team members to ensure the highest quality product - Effectively communicate status of projects on a regular basis - You will have the opportunity to work independently, and as part of a larger team - Work on assignments requiring considerable judgement and initiative - Have the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information - Maintain a safe and clean workspace
Education & Experience
High school diploma or applicable experience.