Software Developer in Test, Data - Ad Platforms
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our data pipelines are highly-performant, deployed to handle high volume asynchronous events at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. We are looking for an engineer with skills and passion to help build out our large scale platform. The QE team fills the mission-critical role of ensuring that our sophisticated, large-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and crafted to scale with consistent performance. As an engineer, you will work alongside our team of engineers to build and supervise quality data systems in the context of a micro-services architecture, identify continuous improvement opportunities and implement best practices. You will be performing design engineering analysis and development. You will contribute to ensure we provide a world-class user experience.
- High expertise in developing functional tests / orchestrating complex scenarios using Java and TestNG data provider along with end to end automation skills in testing ETL pipelines.
- Good experience in writing Test plans, defining test strategy, test data generation techniques and designing test specifications to test data products.
- Ability to work dynamic agile teams, experience in driving and delivering high quality products to production.
- Solid understanding of AWS Cloud EMR, S3 and EKS is required.
- Hive HQL, Spark SQL, Kafka messaging is essential for building and developing queries against data sources.
- Experience in job scheduling using Airflow, and stream processing knowledge with spark framework is a plus
- Experience in working with Gradle with scripting knowledge.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience with Github, defect management and continuous automation is ideal
- CI/CD Jenkin integration experience
As a key contributor to this team, you will build ETL Test Automation for the pipelines functionality in addition to developing utilities and tools to aid Continuous Integration/Delivery. You will work efficiently with cross-functional teams, understand product requirements, design test strategy and dive deep to understand and test machine-learning algorithms and pipelines. You are expected to build the product expertise needed to help debug production issues and integrate with monitoring infrastructures.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science or equivalent field.