AI/ML - Infrastructure Services - Site Reliability Engineer, Machine Learning Platform and Technologies
Santa Clara, California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer / SRE to Join the AI/ML team at Apple. We are looking for an experienced SRE to join a new team who understands and believes in the concept of infrastructure as code. The successful candidate will focus on developing and designing solutions to solve highly complex issues in a large scale, distributed system environment. The team is multi-disciplined.
- 10+ years of work experience in system administration
- Expert knowledge of the Linux operation system (OS, networking, process level)
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about being a part of a tight-knit Operations team
The team will be responsible for maintenance and delivery of infrastructure services. These services are key to the development and production process at AI/ML. This team works very closely with other teams across AI/ML, being the operational subject matter experts, and offering guidance and advice enabling them to improve their services. A successful candidate will likely have experience in being a Systems Administrator that has moved on to development and automation in their career. - Help operate Apple’s largest infrastructure supporting millions of AI/ML customers - Troubleshoot complex issues across the entire stack - Advise other teams (within and outside of AI/ML) on technical direction - Make changes to our environment with the purpose of pushing AI/ML services to the next level
Education & Experience
- Experience with large scale CI/CD environments
- Working knowledge of supporting version control systems
- Posses a solid understanding of logging, and time series services
- Practical experience supporting multiple services
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.