AI/ML - PE Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform and Technologies
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Create groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri team at Apple.
- Strong software engineering (Python, Go, Scala, Java, or equivalent) and system design skills
- Experience building, supporting, and maintaining full stack deployments
- Understanding of large scale distributed systems and compute infrastructure
- Experience with cloud computing services (AWS, GCP) and Kubernetes based deployments
- Strong communication skills
- Hard-working, self-starter and passionate about innovation
Siri is heavily focused on improving our backend technologies to support all machine learning efforts with a goal to improve our customer experience. The AI/ML PE Platform Intelligence team is growing to support this ever expanding need. The team is using data driven algorithms and machine learning to design and implement advanced solutions, that optimize the performance, reliability and scalability of our platform and the agility of our internal workflows. The work executed by this team will define a unified approach to machine learning within Siri as well as lead the way for other groups at Apple. We are looking for highly motivated, result-oriented engineers with a strong background in system engineering and software development to join our team. You will be part of a cross-functional team consisting of machine learning, software and system engineers having a significant impact on the Siri product. You will build and deploy applications at scale, with all the complexities involved in taking them to production. You will be able to contribute to the machine learning platform and compute stack that powers Siri. As a member of a small and dynamic team, you will have opportunities to grow and influence all parts of our platform.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related fields.
- • Experience working on cross-functional projects across multiple organizations
- • Experience with compute containerization (i.e. Mesos, Docker)
- • Experience with building CI/CD pipelines for applications
- • Scripting skills (Python, Bash, Ruby, etc.)
- • Knowledge of core Linux fundamentals
- • Experience in networking
- • Experience working with large scale data pipelines, batch analysis and streaming platforms
- • Exposure to Spark, Kafka and Hadoop