Beats MDE - Coatings
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- We are looking for those who may have 5+ years of experience in development of finishing processes for mechanical components, preferably in a hands-on role developing new anodized cosmetic finishes on aluminum mechanical components.
- We are looking for those who have minimum average, preferably superior color discrimination ability.
- Solid understanding of mechanical properties of materials as they relate to manufacturing requirements and process drivers.
- Experience developing cosmetic anodizing (anodizing) processes applied to aluminum (aluminum) alloys. Experience developing plating and other metal finishing processes meeting both cosmetic and functional requirements.
- Expertise in establishing process controls that adhere to strict color specifications.
- Ability to use advanced analytical tools to characterize surface topography and material characteristics.
- Solid understanding of DOE principles and use of statistical software.
- Ability to plan, implement, and present results from investigations using statistical analysis and clearly communicated results and recommendations. Ability to drive root cause/corrective action activities.
- Experience working with an international supply chain. Ability to reconcile DFM feedback with design goals.
- Match, pilot and scale new cosmetic finishes for production. - Apply combined mechanical surface preparation (blasting, polishing, texturing) and decorative surface finishing techniques (anodizing, electroplating, PVD) to meet new targets. - Research new methods for creating new surface finishes and implementing tighter control of existing finishes. - Evaluate early stages of product development to define critical process requirements and controls for tightest output. - Plan and implement studies to confirm process capability to achieve high yields on high volume enclosure. - Present analysis to key decision makers that will be used to make commercial, cosmetic and design commitments. - Evaluate supplier capabilities and address shortcomings relative to company needs. - Drive on-site support in conjunction with USA counterparts for implementation of manufacturing processes at supplier locations. - Establish relationships with these counterparts and suppliers, and create development of their capabilities and expertise. - Maintain key process drivers and domain expertise in the technologies to serve as technical resource on project teams. Investigate and validate new surface finishing processes, techniques, and equipment where appropriate. - Frequent domestic and some overseas travel expected.