Product Design Engineering Program Manager, Technology Development Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Mac… iPod… iPhone… iPad… WATCH… what’s next? In this role, you will join a team of talented Engineering Program Managers specializing in managing, prioritizing and executing day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives of the Product Design team responsible for the next new product category at Apple. Your role will include frequent multi-disciplinary collaboration with teams like Product Design, Industrial Design, Materials, Manufacturing, SoC, Display, Camera, Antenna, Battery, and more for a new product category for Apple.
- 5+ years of combined experience in program management and mechanical/electrical engineering delivering products comprised of multiple materials and having high aesthetic quality
- Experience leading full life-cycle product development in highly dynamic and ambiguous work environments, supporting the mechanical assembly and integration of multiple technologies.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and cross-functional engagement skills are critical
- Wide knowledge of product development processes including detailed understanding of manufacturing processes and tooling timelines.
- Ability to anticipate functional direction and roadblocks, prioritize parallel closure paths, and effectively distill and communicate relevant data to the appropriate functional teams, including leadership.
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Ability to evolve and adapt well with rapid development cycles; can set direction when faced with ambiguity.
- Experience engaging with manufacturers, DFM and FAI/CPK reports.
- Experience working with Product Design, Industrial Design, Operations, and System Architecture
This is a hands-on programmatic role where you and your team will be responsible for delivering the mechanical assembly through the entire program life-cycle, from architecture definition and early design to mass production You will drive the program through the entire development process, partnering with our Design, Operations and Test functions to ensure its success You will create and maintain streamlined program schedules by redirecting pitfalls and developing an improved course of action. You will collaborate and facilitate cross-functional communication across engineering, operations, design teams, and our OEM/development vendors to meet ambitious quality, schedule and cost goals. You will work to solve issues to closure by tracking progress, prioritizing FA, helping to identify root cause and working with our cross-functional partners to implement corrective action You will drive the manufacturing and assembly of early prototypes, manage budget and authorize payment, travel internationally to support engineering builds, and solve problems on the assembly line. You will offer multiple levels of status updates across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. You possess strong presentation skills.
Education & Experience
BSEE/ME degree or equivalent. MS degree preferred