Biomedical Data Engineer - Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out innovative technology for Apple’s future products and features in health. We are seeking a highly capable Biomedical Data Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary team. Successful candidates will be able to integrate with our research study leads, data scientists and engineers to develop and support effective data analysis and machine learning workflows.
- EXPERIENCE WITH SOFTWARE ENGINEERING FRAMEWORKS:
- Excellent coding skills in Python (e.g.,Pandas, Spark, Jupyter)
- Workflow orchestrations (e.g., Airflow, Luigi)
- Designing and maintaining (non-)relational databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, MongoDB) and file systems (e.g. Parquet, CSV, JSON)
- Great understanding of infrastructure designs
- Linux, MacOS based development frameworks
- iOS/ watchOS development (e.g., Swift, Objective-C)
- Web Service APIs (e.g., AWS, REDCap, XNAT)
- Version control frameworks (Git, virtualenv)
- Familiarity with best practices for information security, including safe harbor privacy principles for sensitive data
- Experience with biomedical sensors/platforms for measuring physiological signals in the health, wellness and/or fitness realms
- Work closely with team members and study staff to design, build, launch and maintain systems for storing, aggregating and analyzing large amounts of data - Process, troubleshoot, and clean incoming data from human studies - Automate and monitor data ingestion and transformation pipelines, with hooks for QA, auditing, redaction and compliance checks per data management specifications - Create and maintain databases with existing and incoming clinical data - Architect data models and create tools to harmonize disparate data sources - Incorporate and comply with regulations as they pertain to electronic and clinical data and databases
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent with relevant 4+ years industry experience with biomedical, health or sensitive data.
- You will thrive in our fast-paced environment if you are highly organized and able to multitask.
- Flexible thinking, adaptability to change and comfort with ambiguity are hallmarks of successful people on our team.
- We look forward to witnessing your excellent communication and interpersonal skills during the interview process.
- Apple is known for heterogeneous and cohesive teams. A proven ability to work seamlessly with others is required to acclimate quickly to our culture.
- We highly value your analytical mind and problem-solving skills, and expect a stellar attention to detail.
- You will let the customer experience guide your decision making. You will design with Apple’s culture and values, inclusion for all and privacy, as fundamental requirements