Apple Card Sr Credit Manager
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Apple Wallets, Payments & Commerce (formerly Apple Pay) is rapidly growing, entering new markets and adding innovative new features to the platform. We are rapidly growing and launched Apple Card – a new kind of credit card, built by Apple. Apple Card is founded on simplicity, transparency and privacy, and designed to help customers lead a healthier financial life. Apple Card has been the most successful credit launch in history, and we’re just getting started. The Apple Card team is seeking an expert credit analyst to help drive and support the evolution of the business, working in lock step with internal and external business partners. In this role, you will help chart the strategic direction of Apple Card and ensure the business can execute against its long-term strategy through development and management of credit and fraud policy-related initiatives. You will work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, primarily engineering, product, data science, bank issuers, and payment network, to deliver results. You should have significant experience and subject matter expertise in financial services, credit, fraud, underwriting, payments, and data science. Ability to seek an independent work stream and drive progress is key. This role is full-time and is located in Austin, TX office.
- 3-5+ years of experience with a solid track record of success, in consumer credit, fraud, underwriting, risk, and data analysis
- Experience in optimizing credit policy across multiple consumer credit products e.g. credit cards, installment loans, leases, secured credit etc.
- Ability to collaborate with different teams, utilize outstanding influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level/executive communication abilities
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and unpredictable work environment
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and distill key business dynamics to senior leaders and partners
- Direct experience working with major payments and financial services companies (preferred)
- Upbeat and collaborative team player who feeds off independent responsibilities and crafting the future of global payments
- Analytical and creative thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Proficiency with Apple products and applications is preferred
Run implementation and efficacy of credit and fraud policy for Apple Card and other first party financial products Lead development of policy in support of new and emerging product features Create risk management frameworks (credit and fraud) to support new first party financial products and enhance existing features Partner with operations to ensure outstanding customer service and support Evaluate and forecast business performance for Apple Card and related features/services utilizing knowledge of financial services, credit, risk operations, payments and banking Lead regularly scheduled, cross-functional updates and business reviews Identify and examine complex financial topics and write reports and draft presentations covering key business dynamics to senior leaders and partners Support ongoing product development efforts Travel may be required
Education & Experience
BS/BA Degree Required.