SWE - Software Test Engineer, iOS Programs
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apples OS Build Quality team is seeking an OS Build Quality Engineer. We are responsible for the quality and stability of our final seed and releases for iOS and macOS. This role will have a special emphasis on application-level functionality through automated and manual testing. If you are a critical thinker who would like to play a key role in qualifying Apple's software releases and ensuring high-quality customer experience, we would like to hear from you.
- A keen eye for quality
- Extensive experience working in software development and testing roles
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with peers, management, development teams, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality technology
- Ability to support rotational weekend coverage (hours are 10am - 18:30pm with one weekend in every five)
We are looking for a results-oriented individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills. Your responsibilities in this role will include functional testing (manual and automated) of first-party applications on iOS and macOS. You will design and implement test plans, test cases, risk analysis, and integration testing across Apple platforms. You will need to identify, escalate, and communicate key build quality issues, and work towards resolutions on the critical issues affecting the build quality. Other responsibilities include end-to-end testing of small and large scale software features across multiple platforms, designing and reviewing tests and coverage plans in alignment with different QA teams, and conducting system and integration tests across all platforms.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Please note this role requires some shift working, you will be working 39 hours over a 5 day per week, but this including one weekend in five on a rota basis, working hours are 10:00am - 18:30pm
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.