SIP Technical Program Manager
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities. In this highly visible role, the successful candidate will be the resident factory expert in manufacturing process, yields and overall factory readiness for mass production. In this technical lead role, you will combine knowledge of SiP to deliver results on a tight timeline. The TPM will work in conjunction with the New Production Introduction group as well as a cross functional team of Design, Supplier Quality, Test, Service and Technical Program Engineers to ensure that top quality products and services from the CM and drive excellence into everything we do.
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience and thorough understanding of PCBA, Molding, Laser processing, sputtering, Assembly, Test, and Pack-out processes.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Highly motivated and able to drive closure of issues across cultures.
- Ability to conduct DOE with good FA skill to solve problems under pressure in data oriented manner.
- Experienced in quality control management. Familiar with EE/ ME products inspections. In depth knowledge in quality methodologies including SPC, MSA, GRR, FMEA etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to concisely understand and communicate issues and lead a team to solution.
- Program/ Project Management experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to translate high-level goals into tangible action plans.
- Experience working in a matrix organization.
- At least 5 years experience in high volume consumer electronic products manufacturing.
- Excellent English language skills required
- Having a background in EE (Education/ Job experience) is a plus.
- Provide TOTAL ownership of the factory output, yield, quality and readiness to ramp volume. - Drive lessons learned into designs and use predictive methods to anticipate and avoid quality issue early in development cycle. - Maintain open MIL and drive to closure prior to mass production start. - Provide leadership and drive yield & operational excellence expectations with CMs through direct interaction, continuous communication, and continuous improvement efforts. - Drive continuous yield improvement activities with CMs. - Track CM performance through objective measurement systems as well as audits and on line verification. Implement communication plan, providing summary and corrective action plans through life cycle of products. - Executive level status reports on a weekly cadence - Escalate key concerns and options for resolutions to senior management.
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering or equivalent / MBA or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience in product design a plus.