Electrical Engineer (Contract) Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We’re seeking an Electrical Engineer for a 12-month contract role in our camera hardware development team. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- 5+ years shown experience with expertise in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture and layout tools.
- Extensive experience with EE design for digital circuits, including high-speed video interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces.
- Solid understanding of EE design and layout for low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits, and high speed multi-gigabit serial interfaces.
- Knowledge of layout strategies for EMI minimization, signal integrity and low noise.
- Ability to apply broad knowledge of engineering concepts (device behavior, data analysis, and systems modeling).
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (Python).
- Knowledge of FPGA based boards designs, FPGA programming.
- Ability to run many projects and project types.
- Diagnose and seek performance problems.
- interpersonal skills - ability to collaborate across globally diverse groups.
- Excellent process development and documentation skills.
Determine component requirements, and develop / review schematic designs for innovative camera module related circuits containing digital image sensors, microcontrollers, low-noise power supplies, and high-speed serial interfaces. Work with vendors and teams for developing camera module circuits to ensure correct operation over the specified voltage and temperature ranges. Schematics / Layout design for Flex / Rigid / Rigid-Flex fab assemblies and substrate. Review layout, DFM and design reports to sign off on fab / board /substrate build activity. EE validation testing. Analyze Camera module performance and noise data and create appropriate documentation for sharing info with boarder team. Debug EE issues, including power quality, high-speed signal integrity and I2C interface performance.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- Experience with Cadence Schematics/layout tools.
- Familiarity with substrate design.
- Familiarity with camera and optics technology, CMOS image sensors interfaces (MIPI / DP).
- Familiarity with micro-controller and data analysis / graphing using Matlab or JMP.
- Proficient verbal and written english language skills.