Manager of Communications, Brand, and Marketing for Information Security
Seattle, Washington, United States
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA) or Seattle (WA). At Apple, Information Security is one of our most critical and pervasive responsibilities, where the security of our customer data and devices is paramount to our success. One of the most important parts of a successful Information Security team is its ability to communicate clearly, at the right time, and with the right message to drive better, faster, and more effective outcomes that protect Apple and our customers! Do you like driving clarity from ambiguity and order from chaos? Can you see the forest for the trees to develop communications strategies that build cohesion across disparate initiatives? Are you creative as well as pragmatic? Do you get excited by creating messaging, content, and brand strategy to improve employee engagement? Are you a whiz at marketing? Do you love building, leading, and developing teams? We are looking for you! Apple’s Information Security team is looking for a seasoned manager to build, lead, and manage our communications, brand, and marketing strategy for Information Security initiatives across all of Apple. You will lead an existing team of technical writers and build out a team structure to support the needs of the organization. You will work with leadership and security teams that need your help to communicate with the rest of Apple. Your work will influence multi-functional teams throughout Apple to drive security improvements that will protect our customers. You will be part of an organization focused on security products and enterprise-wide communications, training, and events geared towards making security easier for teams across Apple. You will strategize, plan, and develop creative concepts on a wide variety of projects, initiatives, and campaigns. You will build and manage process workflows and communications, while developing a creative culture for Information Security. You’ll be continuously leading the charge on creative problem-solving, improving ineffective processes, and driving what matters.
- At least 7+ years in internal, corporate, or strategic communications, marketing, or a related field.
- At least 4+ years managing, hiring, and developing teams.
- Experience with technical writing, editing, and publishing for large-scale, high-traffic websites, internal emails, newsletters, and trainings, as well as integrating consistent messaging across all channels. Experience with security-specific content is a plus.
- Strong leadership with an emphasis on collaboration, proactivity, and flexibility, able to rally people and influence to get things done.
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to think big picture, dive into the details, and deliver on communication, brand, and marketing campaigns.
- Experience in creating, building, and improving brand management from strategy through execution and analysis of results.
- Passion and focus on the customer experience, with experience in working backwards from the customer point of view to incorporate content and messaging that resonates and understands their challenges.
- Ability to understand technical projects, initiatives, and be able to break them down to comprehensive communications. Experience with information security is a plus.
- Relentless curiosity and a passion for using storytelling to create experiences.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- Results-oriented, upbeat, and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Ability to inspire, influence, and collaborate across teams, functions and levels of seniority.
- Passion and eagerness to drive thoughtful strategy, build innovative communication plans and develop great creative and integrated campaigns.
- Experience with defining, refining, and using metrics to drive improvements.
- Highly organized with strong task/project management skills.
In this role, you’ll develop and lead large-scale, innovative internal communication campaigns and detailed website content, coordinating efforts across the organization to keep Apple employees engaged with Information Security. You’ll work with internal customers, learn about their needs, and help them achieve their security goals by developing effective internal communications strategies and deliverables. The ideal candidate is creative and passionate about internal communications and engagement, as well as the employee experience. Someone who sees employees not as employees but as our company’s first customers, who view themselves as internal marketers, always looking for exciting, novel ways to get the right message, to the right person, at the right time, and through the right channel. In this role, your biggest priority will be to find new ways and improve existing methods to drive engagement for Information Security’s critical initiatives and ultimately improve security for Apple’s customers. You will be known for your ability to create a long term strategy through innovation without losing focus on achieving short term priorities. You will design a customer engagement program from the ground up in collaboration with a cross functional team. You are detail oriented, and highly organized to ensure deliverables and timelines are met. You have proven experience in establishing trust and influencing partners at all levels to realize the vision. You maximize data to help guide your strategy and deliver a personalized and automated experience that delivers value to the customer. You will look for opportunities to improve the customer experience with Information Security and share key findings with the broader organization to inform initiatives in other areas. You will partner with major organizations, security teams, and product owners to design specific opportunities to engage customers. Your teams will develop best of breed creative and content strategies to deliver localized communications at scale with maximum effect. You will turn customer segmentation, persona development insights, and channel performance data into campaign messaging strategies that drive customer engagement. Your team will ensure a consistent brand voice and cohesive customer journey across marketing, campaign, and content channels.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or certifications in communications, marketing, or related field preferred.
- - Knowledge of and experience with information security, privacy, compliance, or risk management.
- - Knowledge of website information architecture and page layout planning.
- - Understanding of web design/development concepts and processes.
- - Experience planning and measuring customer lifetime value, campaign impact, customer engagement, and testing to optimize results.
- - Experience developing and managing creative assets for print, digital, video and creative presentations and high-level of knowledge with creative approval cycles.