Online Store - Engineering Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, extraordinary ideas have a way of becoming industry leading products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The AOS team is reliable for providing -commerce systems and solutions that enable and support the buying experience on apple.com. We build one of the slickest e-commerce site on planet while keeping Apple brand at the forefront in every aspect of the engineering. Our solutions are crafted for global reach while keeping the regional nuances in mind. We use the latest in open source technologies in addition to building our own frameworks. The breadth of our engineering spans front-end technologies, middleware services, application servers, AWS infrastructure and various type of relational and noSql databases and sure to cater to anyone looking for an ambitious career in a highly visible and exciting environment.
- Proven track record in project and program management and resource management in complex environments.
- Excellent written and presentation skills - able to communicate effectively with engineers and senior managers.
- Excellent understanding of controlling and leading budgets, resource management and forecasting.
- Project and program management experience in a software development environment - specific deep experience and functional expertise in electronic commerce for consumer products.
- Experience of working with engineers in an ambitious, high-pressured environment - able to have credibility with world-leading technologists that are specialists in their field, and need someone with a strong personality and the ability to build relationships with deeply technical people.
- Willing to consider international travel when vital to interact with regional teams in Austin, London, Singapore and India as the need arises.
- This role is not suitable for non-technical professionals or those who have not worked in an electronic commerce environment.
The worldwide (WW) Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is responsible for delivering the electronic commerce (eCommerce) systems and solutions that enable and support the Apple Online Store (AOS) - one of worlds largest online retail businesses, serving millions of customers around the globe. The team is part of Apples Information & Systems (IS&T) division, and is based primarily in Sunnyvale, California with teams in Austin, London, Singapore and India - working as a single distributed team. This senior role is for a self-motivated senior project management professional who has several years' experience of working in a complex, fast-moving electronic commerce or software development environment and who has deep expertise in electronic commerce and has worked on confidential projects and product launches. The primary responsibility will be for the delivery of sophisticated multi-functional software engineering programs and products for the Apple Online Store platform and potentially managing a team of project managers, technical analysts, resources, budgets and the related reporting for a portfolio. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent