Beats Tooling Engineer
南山, 广东省, 中国内地
Operations and Supply Chain
Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 1) Position requires 10+ years in the mold making and molding industry
- 2) Knowledge of plastic materials and design for manufacturing in terms of geometry and cosmetic quality.
- 3) Experience in developing plastic processing parameters.
- 4) Experience in managing complex development programs with overseas vendors (Asia) is preferred.
- 5) Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- 6) Frequent travel to Asia is required.
- 7) Good communication and written skills in English.
•Lead the development of new plastic injection tooling projects to meet a wide range of product performance and cosmetic requirements. •Collaborate with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs. •Serve as Beats’ internal plastic tooling and manufacturing expert by leveraging a thorough understanding of properties of various mold-making materials and tool component fabrication techniques. •Institute continuous process improvement measures from initial product design through production ramp of new products. •Proficient with the use of Design For Manufacturing, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques. •Take the leading role in driving the improvement of productivity and quality of plastic part manufacturing, molding and tooling techniques. •Train engineers at supplier plants in Asia to utilize new tooling materials and fabrication techniques. •Develop collaborative relationships with Beats suppliers through training and quality control visits. Advise supplier plants on maintaining correct controls on the processes. Periodic overseas travel required Good communication and written skills in English. Strong coordination and organizational skills required.