Manufacturing Process Engineer, Display
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. As a Display Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, qualification, optimization, and production ramp of new process technology and equipment for manufacturing of displays for new Apple products including iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Watch
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in the design and development of manufacturing processes and/or equipment in the flat panel display, solar cell, LED epi and wafer fab, SMT, semiconductor, or other similar industry
- Experience in one or more of the following process technologies: Bonding, lamination, PVD, CVD, inkjet printing, screen printing, etching, cleaning, thermal processing, laser processing
- Experience in developing and manufacturing high-volume display products is preferred
- Experience with OEE factory operations efficiency
- Proven ability to perform DOE, SPC, data analysis, and failure analysis
- Knowledge of Tableau, JMP or Python a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are required.
- Fluency in multiple languages is helpful, including Chinese, Korean, and/or Japanese
- Ability to travel internationally 25%+
- In the early program phases, we partner with development engineering teams to evaluate various process technologies, equipment designs, and suppliers, and identify/select the best method for mass production. - In the middle program phases, we drive equipment/material suppliers to develop reliable, high-throughput, mass production-capable equipment that delivers tightly controlled process performance that meets pre-defined specifications. - In the later program phases, you will lead the roll-out of equipment, material, and process across the Apple display supply chain, optimize the process and equipment for device performance, yield, quality, reliability, and throughput, and ramp the new equipment/process into full mass production.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, or other similar fields
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.