Apple Media Products - Data Science Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
We are looking for an exceptional manager to lead our Apple Media Products Data Science team in London, UK. Our team supports data science solutions for the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Arcade and related products.
- 4+ years of managing small- to mid-sized data science teams.
- Experience working across organisational boundaries in a globally distributed team.
- Experience in strategically initiating projects, defining roadmaps and supporting others to guide them to completion.
- Proven track record in building high quality data science solutions.
- Experience in building consumer facing data products is a huge plus.
- A history of successfully developing junior and senior data science team members.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong expertise in one or more of statistics, econometrics and machine learning.
- Adept in coding using Python, Scala, or another high-level programming language.
- Experience across multiple components of a modern big data tech stack is preferred, e.g., Spark for processing large datasets, Airflow for workflow orchestration.
The team works cross-functionally with project managers, product leaders, business partners and engineering teams to design solutions that enhance our suite of media products. The scope of data science activities includes designing and testing innovative algorithms, running experiments, and working with data engineers and QA teams to launch them into production. This is a unique data science opportunity where you would lead a team that builds and maintains features that delight our users everyday. We have built a team that values continual learning, partnership and knowledge sharing. So a manager who enjoys coaching and inspiring their team will be a perfect fit. The scale and complexity of the team’s work requires the manager to be highly organized, collaborative and responsive. Core working hours are in GMT, with some flexibility to collaborate transatlantically. Occasional travel to the offices located in the United States will be required.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines. Other and equivalent backgrounds may be considered. Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace