Senior Software Engineer - Apple Media Products
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a forward thinking self-starter to join the App Processing team. The App Processing team, part of the Apple Media Products organization, is responsible for engineering and managing the systems and pipelines that process apps uploaded to the App Store. This is a hands-on engineering role on the team whose software validates, ingests, thins, signs and performs other processing of apps to the App Store. There are very few teams that have the breadth of involvement in Apple’s product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team. We are a highly collaborative group of engineers with a wide variety of experiences and skill sets, deep knowledge of software engineering and passionately committed to building resilient, highly performant and maintainable systems that serve our customers’ needs as they evolve.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience with Java, Rust, C# or Swift in a backend system
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience in taking a reasonably large area of functionality live into Production
- Experience in building application server components and services
- Experience in schema design for a high-performance database like Cassandra
- Experience in schema design for a relational database like Oracle
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, Mesos, etc. is a big plus
- Experience in integrating with PKI is a big plus
You will participate in architecting and implementing enhancements to the App Thinning machinery to support massive scale and performance improvements. App Thinning enables our customers to download apps that have been shaped for their specific operating environment, and as such is a critical component of the App Store backend. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent communication skills.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.