Senior Software Engineer - Apple Media Products
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a forward thinking self-starter to join the App Processing team. The App Processing team, part of the Apple Media Products organization, is responsible for engineering and managing the systems and pipelines that process apps uploaded to the App Store. This is a hands-on engineering role on the team whose software validates, ingests, thins, signs and performs other processing of apps to the App Store. There are very few teams that have the breadth of involvement in Apple’s product pipeline across the board as that exercised by this team. We are a highly collaborative group of engineers with a wide variety of experiences and skill sets, deep knowledge of software engineering and passionately committed to building resilient, highly performant and maintainable systems that serve our customers’ needs as they evolve.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience with Java, Rust, C# or Swift in a backend system
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experience in taking a reasonably large area of functionality live into Production
- Experience in building application server components and services
- Experience in schema design for a high-performance database like Cassandra
- Experience in schema design for a relational database like Oracle
- Experience deploying software on elastic platforms such as Kubernetes, EC2, Mesos, etc. is a big plus
You will participate in designing and implementing logic for ingesting apps that demonstrate new features in future devices and upcoming versions of iOS, tvOS, watchOS and macOS. You will implement functionality that analyzes apps on ingest, extracting and storing information displayed on the App Store, and used in the App Store’s review and curation processes. We’re working on a large backend application system entirely written in Rust and integrating with systems written in Java or other languages, so proficiency or the ability to ramp up on Rust and Java is a must. We are looking for a self starting, high-energy individual who is not afraid to question assumptions and who has excellent communication skills. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.